COVID-19 Safety Protocols: Updated Fall 2022
We will continue to carefully monitor the coronavirus since protocols can change quickly. In fact, many of the procedures below, written spring 2022, are no longer required for entry to European countries. We appreciate the helpful advice from our health advisory committee, the CDC, WHO, USTA and ITF and other summer travel programs. We will have a revised procedure closer to our late June 2023 departure, including our procedure if a participant tests positive during a Tennis: Europe Trip.
- Prior to departure, we will have a safety orientation for players, families and coaches to review then current health and safety measures.
- We will require all participants and coaches to be fully vaccinated and will ask for written proof of your vaccinations. Note: Many European countries already are requiring proof of vaccinations to allow entry.
- We will ask all participants to submit to us the results of a negative COVID-19 PCR test before we begin our trip. We may also ask for a self-quarantine prior to departure.
- During our first tournament week, we will do another COVID-19 PCR test and we may do further testing during the balance of the trip.
- On a daily basis, we will do a temperature check and wellness check.
- Handwashing and personal hygiene will be important and enforced.
- Wearing face masks in public whenever outside our small tennis pod and when required by government officials. When playing a match, masks are not required but both before and after the match, they are required (USTA protocol).
- Social distancing (6 feet or more) when in public areas or among others who are not part of our tennis pod.
- Being understanding and flexible for our non-tennis activities like sightseeing, swimming, taking outdoor meals and hotel arrangements.
We will continue to carefully monitor the coronavirus since protocols can change on an almost daily basis. We will adapt our policies and keep you updated. We will also make you aware of insurance policies which include coronavirus coverage. These measures are all designed so you can have a great tennis trip while staying healthy and safe!
– Dr. Martin Vinokur, Director, Tennis: Europe