COVID-19 Safety Protocols: Updated August 2021
After consulting with our health advisory committee, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, WHO, USTA and ITF and other summer travel programs, we will implement the following safety protocols for our small teams, players and coaches:
- Prior to departure, we will have a safety orientation for players, families and coaches to review then current health and safety measures.
- We will ask all participants to submit to us the results of a negative COVID-19 PCR test before we begin our trip. We may also ask for a self-quarantine prior to departure.
- While we do not require the COVID-19 vaccine, we strongly encourage all our participants receive it, in which case, along with our usual medical form, we will ask written proof of vaccination.
- During our first tournament week, we will do another COVID-19 PCR test and we may do further testing during the balance of the trip.
- On a daily basis, we will do a temperature check and wellness check.
- Handwashing and personal hygiene will be important and enforced.
- Wearing face masks in public whenever outside our small tennis pod and when required by government officials. When playing a match, masks are not required but both before and after the match, they are required (USTA protocol).
- Social distancing (6 feet or more) when in public areas or among others who are not part of our tennis pod.
- Being understanding and flexible for our non-tennis activities like sightseeing, swimming, taking outdoor meals and hotel arrangements.
We will continue to carefully monitor the coronavirus since protocols can change on an almost daily basis. We will adapt our policies and keep you updated. We will also make you aware of insurance policies which include coronavirus coverage. These measures are all designed so you can have a great tennis trip while staying healthy and safe!
– Dr. Martin Vinokur & Gary Weiner, Directors, Tennis: Europe