June 25th to July 19th (25 days) with optional extra tournament week until July 27th
Note: We have conducted College Age Teams for many years. Because our summer 2020 and 2021 signed up players aged out of juniors during Covid-19, we are happy to still offer the Tennis: Europe experience for them and others, playing under 21s and mens/ladies singles and doubles. Those born in 2004 or earlier are eligible. You can use Tennis: Europe to prepare for fall varsity, club or intramural tennis or just as a great way to see Europe as a student-athlete. Graduating HS seniors can choose between a junior team or our college team.
Prague, The Czech Republic, June 26th - July 3rd
- We begin our European circuit with 2 mens' or ladies' Czech Tennis Federation sanctioned tournaments, each with singles and doubles at Oaza Club, followed by TJ Solidarita Prague, both in Prague. Oaza, a Tuesday through Friday 4 day event is also a10 minute walk from our hotel, with 9 outdoor and 4 indoor courts. This site will also serve as our practice courts during the week. Both tournaments have large draws against challenging competition in one of the top tennis countries of the world. We get familiar with red claycourt skills.
- Prague is one of the most popular European destinations, a city of red rooftops and golden spires, scenic hills and enduring landmarks. Known as the City of a Hundred Spires, Golden Prague or Magic Prague, it is always one of the favorite locations for our team. Prague is also a youthful city, home to many semester abroad programs for college students.
- Major sites include Prague Castle, the Old Town Square, the medieval Charles Bridge and the remains of the Jewish Quarter, including Europe's oldest synagogue and the Old Jewish Cemetery. If time permits, we will take a professional sightseeing tour to caves and castles just outside the city.
- Our housing is at the comfortable and spacious 4 star Corinthian Panorama hotel close to the metro train to downtown and a major shopping mall.
Spain - Castelldefels and Barcelona, July 3rd to July 10th
- We play two tournaments during this week just outside Barcelona and each with a mens' or ladies' singles. The satellite singles has players from strong Spanish regional to those with experience on the ATP Futures or Challengers' Tours. The weekend tournament will be played at the Catalonian Federation's National training center at Cornella with 27 hard, clay and indoor courts, in addition to fitness facilities and a health centre.
- You will have the opportunity to practice your Spanish language skills throughout this week.
- Our base location is in Castelldefels, a scenic seaside resort with sandy beaches located 20 minutes south of Barcelona. We practice at a club nearby our hotel, The Canal Olimpic water center, built for the 1992 Barcelona Olympics, offers various water sports from water skiing to boogie boarding. The town itself offers a wide variety of restaurants and shops.
- During the week, we will visit Barcelona, the 1992 Olympic City. We see Gaudi's La Sagrada Familia Church, the unfinished masterpiece of architect Antonio Gaudi and the most popular site in the city. We walk the streets of the famous Ramblas with stops at the marketplace and Old City, including the Gothic cathedral. We also see Barcelona harbor and stroll the Gran Via, the 5th Avenue of the city. This world class city with all its history, delicious food and amazing sights is a perfect way to finish our days in Spain.
Zeist, The Netherlands: July 10th - July 19th
- The Gazelle Shot Open features a National Satellite singles for those accepted to the qualification. Everyone though can play as well in 1 singles and 1 doubles in other draws. We practice at another club nearby or at certain times of day at the tournament site.
- ZTC Shot, the tournament site, has 10 red clay, 2 hard and 3 padel ball courts. One of the most popular tournaments in Holland, last summer it had over 400 entries in over 10 ability categories of singles and doubles.
- During the week, we will visit the major sights of Amsterdam, about 40 minutes away, including the Ann Frank House, the Riksmuseum or Van Gogh Museum, and shopping on the walking street. We are also just a few minutes away from the university town of Utrecht.
- The friendly Dutch always make us feel welcome off the court and this tournament will have several social activities.
RETURN FLIGHT: Tuesday July 19 from Amsterdam to New YorkOPTIONAL EXTRA TOURNAMENT WEEK: Leiden, The Netherlands, July 17-24.
This long-time favorite tournament of our players also offers a national satellite qualification draw, if accepted, and a guaranteed one singles and one doubles in other draws. Return flight to the USA will be on Tuesday July 26.