Dutch Espana Prague Team
June 26th to July 20th (25 Days)
The Hague, Holland: June 27th – July 4th
- The Mariahoeve Open tournament in The Hague has 2 singles and 1 doubles for each player in ability level draws. This beautiful sports facility has 25 red clay outdoor courts and several indoor courts. We will practice at LTC Nootdorp located near our 4 star hotel as well. We have played this tournament for many years, always with high player reviews.
- The friendly Dutch always make us feel welcome! The tournament will have a player party on one night and serve BBQ dinners each night.
- Players will have an opportunity to visit Amsterdam during the tournament week to see the Anne Frank House, either the Van Gogh or Riksmuseum and, if time permits, the walking street and take a canal boat ride in the “Venice of the North.” The Hague, Capital of The Netherlands, is about 30 minutes from Amsterdam, and has its own sightseeing attractions including Scheveningen, the Dutch Coney Island, with a newly renovated pier and shopping mall. Other sights are Maudurodam, which depicts all of Holland in miniature, and the Peace Palace, housing the International Court of Justice.
Llafranc, Spain: July 4th – July 10th
- CT Lafranc club has 19 courts, 5 padel courts, a swimming pool and gym. We will play an official Catalonian Tennis Federation junior tournament with both age group singles in 16s and 18s. Our under 18 players will also play a nearby men’s and women’s tournament at CT D’Aro. Besides the tournaments, in the past the Lafranc club provided us with practice courts and a day of friendly matches at the end of the week.
- Llafranc is a scenic seacoast resort town on the Costa Brava, outside of Barcelona. The nearby beach also has a number of water sports.
- We stay in the nearby resort town of Platja D’Aro which offers a host of activities from mini-golf to banana boat rides, along with a beautiful sandy beach.
- We offer the option of classroom Spanish language instruction for 5 days and you can practice speaking Spanish the entire week.
- Our final day in Spain, we will visit Barcelona for a day to see Gaudi’s Familia Sagrada, walk the Ramblas and view the upscale shops on the Gran Via. We also tour the Old City with its Gothic Cathedral and Roman ruins, and the Harbor area. If time permits in our schedule, we will visit the soccer stadium of European powerhouse F.C. Barcelona for the tour and museum.
Prague, The Czech Republic: July 11th – July 20th
Prague is one of the most popular European destinations, a city of red rooftops and golden spires, scenic hills and enduring landmarks. Known also as the City of a Hundred Spires, Golden Prague or Magic Prague, it is always one of the favorite locations for our teams. Prague is also a youthful city, home to many semester abroad high school and college students.
- We will play two to three Czech Tennis Federation sanctioned tournaments, each with junior singles and doubles. We will play plenty of tennis against challenging competition in one of the top tennis countries in the world.
- Major sights include Prague Castle, the Old Town Square, the medieval Charles Bridge and the remains of the Jewish Quarter, including Europe’s oldest synagogue and the Old Jewish Cemetery. If time permits, we will take a professional sightseeing tour to caves and castles just outside Prague.
- Our housing is at the comfortable and spacious 4 star Corinthian Panorama Hotel, a 5 minute walk from our practice courts at the Oaza Club. The hotel is not far from the centre city tourist attractions.