Dutch Espana Prague Team
June 25th to July 19th (25 days)
The Hague, Holland: June 26th – July 3rd
- The Mariahoeve Open tournament in The Hague has 2 singles and 1 doubles for each player in ability level draws. This beautiful sports facility has 25 red clay outdoor courts and several indoor courts. We will practice at LTC Nootdorp located near our 4 star hotel as well. We have played this tournament for many years, always with high player reviews.
- The friendly Dutch always make us feel welcome! The tournament will have a player party on one night and serve BBQ dinners each night.
- Players will have an opportunity to visit Amsterdam during the tournament week to see the Anne Frank House, either the Van Gogh or Riksmuseum and, if time permits, the walking street and take a canal boat ride in the “Venice of the North.” The Hague, Capital of The Netherlands, is about 30 minutes from Amsterdam, and has its own sightseeing attractions including Scheveningen, the Dutch Coney Island, with a newly renovated pier and shopping mall. Other sights are Maudurodam, which depicts all of Holland in miniature, and the Peace Palace, housing the International Court of Justice.
Cerdanyola Del Valle, Spain, July 3rd (evening) - July 10th
- The Tennis Club Set Ball is the site of an official Catalonian Tennis Federation junior tournament with age group singles in 16s and 18s, along with men's and ladies' singles. The club has 8 red clay courts located in a suburb about 25 minutes from the center of Barcelona.
- We stay at a nearby hotel with practice courts also in the area. Based on previous summer schedules, we will also have a choice of several other tournaments on the Costa Brava during this same week.
- You can practice your Spanish speaking non-stop the entire week.
- Our final day in Spain, we will visit Barcelona to see Gaudi's Familia Sagrada, walk the Ramblas and view the upscale shops on the Gran Via. We also walk the Old City and the Harbor area. If time permits in our schedule, we will tour the soccer stadium of European powerhouse F.C. Barcelona and see their museum.
Prague, The Czech Republic: July 12th - July 19th
Prague is one of the most popular European destinations, a city of red rooftops and golden spires, scenic hills and enduring landmarks. Known also as the City of a Hundred Spires, Golden Prague or Magic Prague, it is always one of the favorite locations for our teams. Prague is also a youthful city, home to many semester abroad high school and college students.
- We will play two Czech Tennis Federation sanctioned tournaments, each with junior singles and doubles. We will play plenty of tennis against challenging competition in one of the top tennis countries in the world.
- Major sights include Prague Castle, the Old Town Square, the medieval Charles Bridge and the remains of the Jewish Quarter, including Europe’s oldest synagogue and the Old Jewish Cemetery. If time permits, we will take a professional sightseeing tour to caves and castles just outside Prague.
- Our housing is at the comfortable and spacious 4 star Corinthian Panorama Hotel, a 5 minute walk from our practice courts at the Oaza Club. The hotel is not far from the centre city tourist attractions.