Dutch Espana Team
June 24th to July 9h (16 Days)
The friendly Dutch, a Spanish week finishing in Barcelona: these are all the ingredients for a spectacular tennis trip!
Zoetermeer - The Hague, Holland: June 25th – July 2nd
- Our first tournament is in Zoetermeer, a suburb of The Hague, Holland, Capital of the country. We play the ALTV Tournament with each player entered in 2 singles and 1 doubles category, so plenty of matches to get used to red clay. The Dutch system is arranged by ability levels. We will also practice mornings at the tournament site.
- Holland is always one of our favorite locations in Europe because of the friendliness of the Dutch players and tournament organizers.
- During the week, we will visit the beachside boardwalk and pier nearby in The Hague. We will also spend part of a day in Amsterdam, seeing the Anne Frank House, Riksmuseum or Van Gogh Museum, as time permits. Visiting the house where Anne Frank and her family hid during the Nazi occupation in WWII and whose diary many of you have read is always a highlight of our time in Holland.
Blanes and Barcelona, Spain, July 2th - July 9th
- We then fly to Spain where we play a Junior tournament in the Costa Brava Town of Blanes, located about 45 minutes north of Barcelona. Each player has one singles and then we all play a Friday night doubles, which is a round robin, featuring a BBQ. We will also practice at the host Tennis Club Blanes. Our former Assistant Director Pau is a tennis pro at this club which assure sus of a well-organized week.
- Our Hotel Beverly Park features a buffet breakfast and is a 5 minute walk from the tennis club...selected as our favorite hotel during our 2022 trip.
- Blanes is a sandy beachside resort, a short walk from our hotel with attractions like banana boating and a magnificent botanical gardens.
- We will spend a day in Barcelona, Capital of Catalonia province, where we will see Gaudi's superb architectural church, the Sagrada Familia (voted the #1 sightseeing attraction in Europe in 2022 by the travel media). Our Barcelona visit will also include the Old Gothic Quarter, cathedral and Roman ruins. the Ramblas walking street and the Harbor mall shopping and restaurant area.
- Here is your chance to practice speaking Spanish non-stop
Fly home from Barcelona to the USA on Sunday July 9th
Note: Those traveling for the full 25 day trip, please see the Dutch Espana Prague description in its separate listing.