Grand Slam Team
July 5th to July 25th (21 days)
Wimbledon, London: July 6th - July 9th
Your dreams of seeing Wimbledon can come true!
- We see Wimbledon the first Friday which is the round of 64 or 32, spending the day at The All-England Club. Since this is the first week of The Championships, we can wander the grounds and see a number of top matches. In past summers, we even got some top players’ autographs at the practice courts!
- We visit the Westminster area of the city featuring interesting sights including the Parliament buildings, Westminster Abby and 10 Downing Street, home of the Prime Minister.
- We also visit the Tower of London, Leicester and Piccadilly Squares and spend an optional evening at the London theatre.
- We have our first practice of the trip at Bishop’s Park Tennis Club near our hotel in order to prepare for our first tournament.
Utrecht, Holland: July 9th - July 16th<
This tournament is in a small picturesque town near Utrecht and has been voted best stop on our trip for many years now.
- We get plenty of match play and have time to spend socializing with the Dutch juniors.
The tournament has under 17 singles and doubles or mixed doubles, which in past summers has been a round robin format, assuring lots of matches for our players, win or lose.
- Besides all the tennis, the tournament offers a number of social activities throughout the week.
- Players have the opportunity to visit Amsterdam during our time in Holland to see the Anne Frank House, either the Van Gogh or Riksmuseum, the walking street, City Hall and take a canal boat ride in the “Venice of the North.”
- Always one of our favorite countries, Holland is a great way to finish our tennis trip.
Costa Brava, Spain:July 16th - July 22nd
- We travel about 90 minutes north of Barcelona to the coastal vacation resort area
of Platja D'Aro - Calonge, Spain where we house a short walk from the sandy beaches.
- The "Top Ten" tournament has age group singles for players. Later in the week, we will play a Friday night round robin doubles tournament at Tennis Club Pipers which includes a BBQ dinner as well. We will also practice on the 6 courts at Pipers.
- Platja D'Aro is a dynamic holiday resort town with banana boating and boating at the beach,
along with a wide variety of restaurants and shops on their main street.
Many Europeans from Scandinavia and Germany travel to the Costa Brava for their summer holidays.
- You can practice your Spanish speaking skills non-stop during our days in Spain, both with our Spanish friends at the tournaments, hotel and restaurant employees.