Grand Slam Team
July 5th to July 25th (21 days)
Wimbledon, London: July 6th - July 9th
- We see Wimbledon the first Friday which is the round of 64 or 32, spending the day at The All-England Club. Since this is the first week of The Championships, we can wander the grounds and see a number of top matches. In past summers, we even got some top players’ autographs at the practice courts!
- We visit the Westminster area of the city featuring interesting sights including the Parliament buildings, Westminster Abby and 10 Downing Street, home of the Prime Minister.
- We also visit the Tower of London, Leicester and Piccadilly Squares and spend an optional evening at the London theatre.
- We have our first practice of the trip at Bishop’s Park Tennis Club near our hotel in order to prepare for our first tournament.
Your dreams of seeing Wimbledon can come true!
Utrecht, Holland: July 9th - July 16th
This tournament is in a small picturesque town near Utrecht and has been voted best stop on our trip for many years now.
- We get plenty of match play and have time to spend socializing with the Dutch juniors.
The tournament has under 17 singles and doubles or mixed doubles, which in past summers has been a round robin format, assuring lots of matches for our players, win or lose.
- Besides all the tennis, the tournament offers a number of social activities throughout the week.
- Players have the opportunity to visit Amsterdam during our time in Holland to see the Anne Frank House, either the Van Gogh or Riksmuseum, the walking street, City Hall and take a canal boat ride in the “Venice of the North.”
Costa Brava, Spain: July 16th - July 22nd
- We travel about 90 minutes north of Barcelona to the coastal vacation resort area
of Platja D'Aro - Calonge, Spain where we house a short walk from the sandy beaches.
- The "Top Ten" tournament has age group singles for players. Later in the week, we will play a Friday night round robin doubles tournament at Tennis Club Pipers which includes a BBQ dinner as well. We will also practice on the 6 courts at Pipers.
- Platja D'Aro is a dynamic holiday resort town with banana boating at the beach, along with a wide variety of restaurants and shops on their main street. Many Europeans from Scandinavia and Germany travel to the Costa Brava for their summer holidays.
- You can practice your Spanish speaking skills non-stop during our days in Spain, both with our Spanish friends at the tournaments, hotel and restaurant employees.
- We conclude our Tennis: Europe trip in the Catalonian Capital of Barcelona, while housing in a hotel in the center of town. We will visit the Old City including the Gothic quarter and cathedral and Roman ruins and walk the Ramblas to the Harbor, where we purchase souvenirs and gifts at the unique shopping mall.
- We also see the Sagrada Familia, Antoni Gaudi's lasting architectural church which was recently acclaimed one of the top sightseeing attractions in Europe.
- If time permits, we will tour the home stadium and museum of FC Barcelona, one of Europe's most famous soccer clubs.
- We celebrate the finale of our tennis trip at one of Barcelona's many choices of renown restaurants.