Junior Trip: Matterhorn To Costa Brava Team
July 3rd to July 19th (17 Days)
This itinerary demonstrates the variety of Europe from the Swiss Alps to the Spanish beaches and cities. Improve your match play amidst these spectacular locations!
Meiringen, Switzerland: July 4th – July 6th
- We will practice and then play a 2 day tournament and friendly matches on the 5 courts of the Tennis Center Meiringen, housing at a nearby chalet hotel.
- This scenic alpine setting offers a swimming pool, climbing hall and hiking trails and if time permits, we will also visit the international vacation town of Interlaken with its view of the Jungfrau mountains. Imagine your dream scene of the pristine beauty of the Swiss Alps!
Zermatt, Switzerland: July 6th – July 11th
- The Matterhorn – symbol of Switzerland – awaits us in the most spectacular scenic location in Europe!
- The Boutique Tie-Break Cup will feature one junior singles and a consolation singles for first round losers in a four day tournament.
- Players have the choice of summer skiing on the Matterhorn or for non-skiers, a hike with our coaching staff to see the scenic beauty of the Swiss Alps. We house in centrally located ski lodge apartments, 5 minutes’ walk from the club, where we also practice. Time permitting, we will try other Alpine activities like outdoor ice skating.
- We will spend time exploring this charming Alpine resort. Zermatt is a car-free city—walking only!
Platja D’Aro and Calonge, Spain: July 11th – July 17th
- We play an official Spanish Tennis Federation junior tournament at Top Ten club in Santa Cristina, 90 minutes north of Barcelona. The tournament has 14, 16 and 18 singles on 6 slow hard courts. The club also has a swimming pool and sports field complex.
- In addition to this tournament, we will practice at Tennis Club Pipers nearby. During our last visit, Pipers hosted a fireworks show, friendly matches with a club from Barcelona and a Friday night round robin doubles tournament.
- Platja D’Aro is a famous vacation destination for Europeans from Scandinavia, Germany and England, besides being a favorite of Spanish vacationers. There are lots of restaurants and interesting shops to visit, along with water sports and a weekly flea market. Activities range from minigolf to a banana boat ride. Always a favorite stop for our players! Our air conditioned hotel in Platja D’Aro has a swimming pool and beautiful sandy beach across the street.
- Practice your Spanish speaking and comprehension non-stop during our 10 days in-country.
Barcelona, Spain: July 17th – July 19th
- We conclude our trip in Barcelona, the 1992 Olympic City, with several days of sightseeing.
- We visit Sagrada Familia Church, the unfinished masterpiece of architect Antonio Gaudi and the most popular site in the city. We walk the streets of the famous Ramblas with stops at the marketplace and Old City including the Gothic Cathedral.
- We will see Barcelona harbor and walk along the Gran Via, the 5th Avenue of the city. FC Barcelona, one of the Europe’s top soccer clubs, has a tour and soccer museum at their nearby facility.
- This world class city with all of its history, delicious food and amazing sights is a perfect way to finish our trip!