OC To San Diego Team
June 25th – July 19th or July 12th (25 or 17 days)
Here is your chance to gain or improve your Universal Tennis Rating (UTR) and Tennisrecruiting.net stars at 3 to 5 quality USTA tournaments in Southern California, one of the premier sections of the country.
San Fernando Valley, CA: June 26th – June 27th
- For our first weekend, we will play at the Level 6 Top Seed Tennis Academy singles age group tournament at Calabasas Swim & Tennis Club in this leafy suburban town in the heart of the San Fernando Valley.
- The club has a large number of courts combined with a huge swimming pool.
- We are also located close to the major Los Angeles sites like Beverly Hills, Westwood/UCLA, Santa Monica Pier, Hollywood, the Farmer’s Market and local beaches.
Northridge, CA: 23rd Annual Kramer Junior Open June 29th – July 1st
This level 4 junior tournament held on California State’s campus with 12 hard courts, has age group singles, consolation for first round losers and if enough sign-ups, doubles. During our tournament off days, we will practice and may arrange friendly matches with a local tennis academy.
When we aren’t playing matches or practicing, we visit the sights in and around the Los Angeles area.
San Diego, California: July 2nd (evening) – July 5th (aft)
- We travel to San Diego, where we play the 46th Annual Wilbur Folsom Memorial Junior Tournament at the Barnes Family Tennis Center, a long-time USTA facility of the year. One of the top tournaments in the Southern California section (Level 4), we will enter age-group singles, doubles and consolations for first round losers. Practice courts will also be available at the Barnes Tennis Center and at other nearby clubs.
- During our days in San Diego, we visit the beaches at La Jolla, the Gaslight District and the world famous San Diego Zoo. We may attend a World Team Tennis match in San Diego or Orange County, depending on the league schedule.
Costa Mesa Summer Junior Classic: July 6th – July 9th
- We return to Orange County for our next two tournaments, the first of which is in Costa Mesa on the Coast, with boy’s and girl’s age group singles at Level 4. This tournament in past years has counted as a tennisrecruiting.net “Showcase” tournament with wins improving your stars on this website widely viewed by college tennis coaches.
- We stay at a hotel within the major areas of Orange County from Irvine to Anaheim. Costa Mesa is known as the “City of the Arts.”
Huntington Beach Juniors, July 10th – July 12th
- Our next tournament stop is Huntington Beach, known as “Surf City” for its 8.5 miles of uninterrupted sandy beaches. Pier Plaza and the International Surfing Museum are highlights of this town.
- We play a weekend tournament at the Rusty Miller Tennis Academy which has age group singles and doubles at Level 6.
Lakewood Summer Junior Level 5 Tournament: July 13th – 16th
- We then move on to Lakewood for another junior tournament with both age group singles and doubles at Level 5, held at the Lakewood Tennis Center. You can even opt to have your match videoed as a permanent record or for college tennis coaches.
- Long Beach is home to the Queen Elizabeth with tours of the ship. Both Huntington and Newport Beaches are cool California towns and are nearby for some swimming and sunbathing.
- Besides the tennis, we will have a final opportunity to visit some of the Long Beach, Orange County and Los Angeles sights not seen during our earlier stay such as the Hollywood Walk of Fame, Rodeo Drive, Chinese Theatre and/or optional visits to Disneyland or Universal Studios. We hike up the hill to the famous “Hollywood” sign overlooking the city.
Claremont Fast Four, July 17th-18th
- Claremont is home to two highly rated academic colleges which also happen to be powerhouses in Division 3 small college tennis, CMS and Pomona Pitzer. We have practices at their courts or other nearby locations.
- This unusual Level 5 tournament is a round robin divided by age group and UTR rating. Each group consists of 4 players who will play first to 4 games, with the winners then playing off single elimination to determine overall winners.