The Scenic West Teams: Seattle to Vail
June 25th – July 19th (or July 12th)
Note: The Pacific Northwest and Colorado have always been among the most popular USTA sections for us to visit, so we are happy to offer these most scenic locations for Summer 2021. All these tournaments will count for your Universal Tennis Rating (UTR) and for ranking in your home section, as per the new USTA ranking and tournament system.
The exact dates and locations will not be issued until the spring, but we expect both of these trips will split time between Seattle-Portland and Colorado (Denver tournaments and Vail practices). Each trip will play 4 to 5 sanctioned USTA tournaments, observing all USTA coronavirus safety precautions.
Kirkland, Washington: June 25th – July 1st
- Central Park Tennis Club, a large indoor/outdoor tennis club in Kirkland, Washington, just north of Seattle, is the site for our first age group junior tournament in both singles and doubles, with a feed-in consolation for first-round losers. We will house and train in the immediate area.
Renton, Washington: July 2nd – July 4th
Our next weekend tournament is in another suburb near Seattle airport in Renton, Washington State, again with age group singles and doubles, also feed-in consolation for singles. This tournament usually attracts some of the better Pacific Northwest junior players.
Depending on our match schedules in Kirkland and Renton, we plan to visit the Seattle area to see the Space Needle, Pike Place Market and other sights.
Vail, Colorado: July 4th (evening) – July 8th
- Flying to Denver, we take a short break from our tournaments to visit the scenic mountain resort of Vail where Tennis Director Greg Wanner of the Vail Racquet Club will warmly welcome us for practices and possible friendly matches. Off the court, with beautiful views and comfortable climate, we hike, do river rafting, take ski lifts for hiking and see the Bavarian style shops.
Williams Tennis July Utr Championships. Longmont, Colorado: July 9th – July 11th
- This is a UTR weekend tournament in the Denver suburb of Longmont, which usually has plenty of entries, including those at the Williams’ Tennis School.
- Housing will be in Longmont and we will practice at Skyline High School or two nearby parks.
- Those electing to travel on our shorter trip will fly back East on Monday July 12.
Denver Junior City Championships, July 12th – July 19th
- We stay in the Denver area and the well-known Denver Tennis Club for our final USTA tournament, the Denver Junior City Open, which is a major designated event with singles and doubles. Practice courts are available nearby, as is our hotel housing.
- During the Longmont and Denver Tennis Club tournaments, we will sightsee at such attractions as the U.S. Mint, botanical gardens, art museum and Colorado Rockies major league Baseball.
We fly back East on Monday July 19th.
Price: 25 days $8499 or 18 days $6199
July 16th – August 7th (or August 2nd)
Because many of the locations for this trip are similar to those above, we will just summarize them briefly here and then elaborate on them in the spring when all tournament dates are finalized.
July 16th – 18th
- Fly New York to Denver, then on to Vail for practices July 17-18 and pre-tournament preparations (see Vail section above)
July 19th – 25th
- Denver area junior tournament(s), awaiting the schedule.
July 25th – 29th
- Tournament either in Colorado or in the Pacific Northwest, awaiting schedules.
July 30th – August 2nd
- Columbia Silver Lake Junior Championships in Everett, Washington, already confirmed. This is a Level 5 age group singles with consolation for first round losers. An hour north of Seattle, Everett is a service industries’ town and home to Boeing Production Facility, where, if time permits, we will take a one hour tour of the assembly plant.
- Those electing to travel on our shorter trip will fly East Monday August 2.
August 3rd – 7th
- Tournament in Oregon, probably Portland, will conclude our trip and then we fly back East on Saturday August 7.