The Scenic West Teams: Seattle to Vail
June 23rd – July 15th (23 Days)
Note: This is a USTA Level 6 circuit aimed at those getting started in regular tournament competition. Entry is based on UTR rating and on USTA national standing list, so we recommend you participate in several UTR or USTA tournaments prior to your participation on this team.
The Pacific Northwest and Colorado have always been among the most popular USTA sections for us to visit, so we are happy to offer these most scenic locations for Summer 2022. All these tournaments will count for your Universal Tennis Rating (UTR) and for ranking in your home section, as per the new USTA ranking and tournament system.
Kent, Washington: June 24th – 27th
- The Boeing Club, a large indoor/outdoor tennis club in Kent, Washington, just north of Seattle, is the site for our first age group tournament, one singles and one doubles (or 2 singles). The town of Kent has a spectacular landscape, including Mt. Ranier and the Green River. We will tour the Boeing air plant see see the Future flight museum. Our hotel and practice courts will be located nearby.
Kirkland, Washington: June 30th – July 3rd
- Our next weekend tournament is in another suburb near Seattle at the Eastside Tennis Club in Kirkland, Washington State. We will enter two singles events per player, if weather permits (outdoor courts). This tournament usually attracts some of the better Pacific Northwest junior players. Kirkland is a major boating center with lakefront beaches and water sports.
- Depending on our match schedules in Kent and Kirkland, we plan to visit the Seattle area to see the Space Needle, Pike Place Market and other sights. Closer to Kirkland, we will see Juanita Bay Park and Beaches.
Corley Cup, Colorado Springs, Colorado: July 4th – July 7th
- We fly from Seattle to Denver and then drive to scenic Colorado Springs for the Corley Cup. Players can enter 2 age group singles, so plenty of tennis.
- Pikes Peak and Pike National Forest has a 14,110 foot summit which we will try to drive as time permits. Great scenic vistas en route and at the top. Colorado Springs is also home to the Olympic National Training Center and the Air Force Academy.
Westminster, Colorado: July 8th - July 11th
- We stay in the Denver area for our final USTA tournament, the Westminster Junior Open with age group singles and doubles and singles consolation for first round losers. Practice courts are available nearby, as is our hotel housing.
- During this tournament, we will sightsee at such Denver attractions as the U.S. Mint, botanical gardens, art museum and Colorado Rockies major league baseball.
Vail, Colorado: July 11th - July 14th
- We conclude our trip by visiting the scenic mountain resort of Vail where Tennis Director Greg Wanner of the Vail Racquet Club will warmly welcome us for practices and possible friendly matches. Off the court, with beautiful views and comfortable climate, we hike, do river rafting, take ski lifts for hiking and see the Bavarian style shops.