Swiss Alps | Italia | Paris Team
July 1st to July 19th
Florence, Italy: July 2nd - July 5th
- We begin our tennis adventure in the home of the Renaissance, Florence, Italy, voted by Americans as their favorite city in the world. We will play 2 to 3 days of friendly matches at tennis club CT Firenze and TennisClub Empoli, playing both singles and doubles against Italian junior players. Both clubs have plenty of red clay courts, swimming pools, restaurants and have warmly welcomed us over many past years.
- During our stay, we will see the Duomo church, the Baptistry with its historic bronze doors,and the Statue of David (Michelangelo) in the Galleria Deli 'Accademia. Florence is also well-known for its restaurants and its many and varied fashion and other shops. Just walking the streets or crossing the beautiful Florentine bridge, the Ponte Vecchio, makes you feel you are an eyewitness to Renaissance history.
Rome, Italy: July 5th - July 9th
- We then travel a short ride by train to the "Eternal City" of Roma, where we will play two more friendly matches at upscale Roman tennis clubs. During our last visit, we were also treated to a lunchtime meal to socialize with our Italian junior opponents.
- We visit the Vatican including the Sistine Chapel and its magnificent artwork, the Colosseo and the ruins of the Roman Forum nearby. Seeing the various Piazzas of Rome, sampling some of the best food in the world, at local restaurants are all part of our Roman experience.
Geneva, Switzerland Area: July 9th - July 14th
- We will play two Swiss tournaments, a junior singles at Tennis ClubTrois-Chene located 6 miles from Geneva, with 16s and 18s played from Monday to Friday. We follow that with a mens and ladies singles at Tennis Club Wangen near Bern and about 2 hours away. The latter has draws set up by ability levels.
- Geneva is a robust international center serving as home to the European Headquarters of the United Nations and Red Cross. John Calvin preached here and its "Old City" contains more than 30 museums.
Bern, Switzerland Area: July 9th - July 14th
- Moving onto Bern, the Capital of Switzerland, the scenic beauty and medieval architecture have made its "Old City" a UNESCO World Heritage site. Parliament buildings are located in the town as well.
Paris "The City of Light" July 16 (Evening) - July 19
- We take the TGV Express train from Geneva to Paris, where we conclude our trip with 2 days of seeing the "City of Light." We see The Louvre with the Mona Lisa, the Eiffel Tower, walk the Champs Elysee, and view Notre Dame Cathedral. Good opportunity to do last-minute gift shopping for friends and relatives back home. And we partake superb French cuisine for our Farewell Dinner !